Are you annoyed by ALOT products, such as ALOT toolbar and the search.alot.com engine? In this article I will explain the detail steps to help you remove ALOT toolbar and related ALOT products.
ALOT toolbar is part of ALOT products. It is designed to offer users convenience to search for images, shopping and web results. As a free tool, ALOT toolbar is integrated in most web browsers such as Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox. You may find the program annoying that it changes your home page and default search engine and want to uninstall it. You may also be annoyed when you try to remove it. With a few simple steps, you can rid your computer of the ALOT toolbar completely.
Below is a screenshot of ALOT search engine and homepage:
ALOT Toolbar Manual Removal Guide:
Please note that you have to perform all following steps to remove ALOT. Failure to perform one of following steps may result that you still find existence of ALOT on your computer or browser.
Step1, Rmove ALOT products from your computer.
1) Please go to the Start Menu. Select Control Panel → Add/Remove Programs.
If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, select Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.
2) Search for “ALOT Toolbar”, “ALOT Appbar” in the list. Select the program and click Remove button. If you are using Windows Vista/7, click Uninstall up near the top of that window.
Step2, Remove ALOT toolbar, ALOT Appbar and remove the ALOT search engine provider in you’re your browser. It varies a little depending on different browser you have on your computer. In this article we mainly introduce removal guide in Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox.
Remove ALOT toolbar and related products in Internet Explorer:
1. Go to Internet Explorer Tools gear Image, go to Internet Options. Select “General” tab and click “Use default” button or enter your own website, e.g. google.com or yahoo.com instead of Alot.com, Search.Alot.com, or alothome.com. Click OK to save the changes. If you do not want to set a homepage, please just click “Use blank”.
2. Please go to Tools → Manage Add-ons and select Search Providers. Choose Bing or Google as your default search engine provider and then remove ALOT.search.
Remove ALOT toolbar and related products in Mozilla Firefox:
1. Open Mozilla Firefox. Please go to Tools → Add-ons.
2. Select Extensions. Remove ALOT Toolbar from Firefox toolbar and then close the window.
3. Make your operation by click “Uninstall” again when following pop up message appears.
4. Restart your browser to completely remove ALOT toolbar or Appbar.
5. Open your browser again to remove the search engine of ALOT. Click on the magnifying glass search icon as shown in the image below and select Manage Search Engines.
6. Choose ALOT Search from the list and click Remove to remove it. Click OK to save changes.
7. Go to Tools → Options. Under the General tab reset the startup homepage.
That’s all the steps of ALOT toolbar and related products removal guide. After you uninstall ALOT from your computer and remove the ALOT toolbar from your browser, I still recommend you take Cloud System Booster to clean the browsing history, cookies, caches, and preferences.
Download Cloud System Booster now to optimize your computer. Have a free try now!
With one-click boost mode, Cloud System Booster cleans and optimizes Windows-based systems by throwing out junk files, disabling unneeded services, cleaning up 3rd party applications generated junks, and repairing registry errors. What makes Cloud System Booster distinctive is its use of cloud-based technology to make sure you are cleaning, optimizing and repairing your system with the most up-to-date user-supplied data on your software.
For more information about Cloud System Booster, please visit our official site.