Searchiu.com is a browser hijacker which mimics Google search. It delivers web search, and provides Facebook, Youtube, and Twitter direct links to make your access to these sites easier and more convenient. This browser hijacker is often promoted via other free downloads, that’s probably why people are usually unaware of how and when this gate-crasher comes to install on their browsers. Searchiu.com is not related to any virus or malware infection, but due to its stealthy behavior like change your default browser settings without any obvious notifications, people ranks low in the acceptance of this search provider. Below is a screenshot of searchiu.com, see for your reference.
What we do here is to ensure a safe and secure cyber environment for computer users, as well as chances to obtain excellent, powerful, solid, top-ranking software. We write removal guides for malware, scamware, redirect virus, adware, etc. Hope our efforts can help solve the problem you met.
After long and hard work, a wide variety of security suites, including:
Anti-malware program- Build your PC a solid and invulnerable defense system.
System optimization tool- Speed up slow PC, and noticeably increase your PC running period.
AD blocker- Filter and block potential malicious websites you intend to visit to give you proactive and maximum PC protection.
Browser repair tool- Repair your browser settings in one click.
Scareware removal tool- Terminate PC lockup virus and rescue your computer system from being locked.
All programs are in service and are available for free download and use. Choose any in your favor and enjoy a healthy online environment.
Below is a removal guide of searchiu.com browser hijacker. Follow closely and check to see whether it helps.
Searchiu.com Quick Removal Guide
Step 1: Remove Searchiu.com related toolbar from Windows Control Panel.
Follow the instruction that corresponds to your operating system to uninstall the toolbar
• Windows XP: Go to Start> Control Panel> Add Remove programs> Look for searchiu.com related toolbar> Click on Remove.
• Windows 7/Vista: Go to Start> Control panel> Uninstall a program/Programs and Features> Look for searchiu.com related toolbar> click on Uninstall.
Note: Once searchiu.com related toolbar is removed from the Control Panel of your computer, the extensions installed on Internet Explore and Mozilla Firefox will be cleared automatically, so you don’t need a manual removal later. However, your Google Chrome still needs a manual FIX.
Step 2: Repair your browser settings.
1. Remove searchiu.com from the homepage:
Tips: Press the Alt key to reveal menu bar of IE& FF
Tools> Internet Options> General > Replace http://searchiu.com/ with a desired domain like www.google.com> Click Apply to complete the operation
2. Change default search provider, and remove searchiu.com from the list.
Tools> Manage Add-ons> Search Providers> Choose to set a preferred one as default search provider by clicking Set as default button> Remove searchiu.com from the list.
1. Remove searchiu.com from the Startup pages of Chrome.
Click on the Wrench or 3-Bars icon> Settings> In On startup section click Set pages> mouse-over to http://searchiu.com/ and click the X symbol to remove it> Add your preferred domain and set it as your homepage.
2. Remove searchiu.com from the homepage.
Click on the Wrench or 3-Bars icon> Settings> In Appearance section click Change
Remove http://searchiu.com/ from Startup pages by clicking the X symbol, you can also choose to add a new page by entering its URL and hit OK to complete the modification.
3. Change default search provider, and remove searchiu.com from the search engines list.
Click on the Wrench or 3-Bars icon> Settings> In Search section click Manage search engines…> Choose to set another preferred one as the default search engine by clicking Make default> Remove searchiu.com from the list.
4. Remove searchiu.com associated add-ons through managing Extensions.
Click on the Wrench or 3-Bars icon> Tools > Extensions > Find and delete searchiu.com related add-ons from the list.
Note: The extension may under a different name, thus search for and delete programs that are suspicious or under similar file name.
1. Remove searchiu.com from the homepage.
Tips: Press the Alt key to reveal menu bar of IE& FF
Tools> Options> General> Replace http://searchiu.com/ with a preferred domain> Click OK to complete the change.
2. Remove searchiu.com from opened new tabs.
Type about:config into the address bar> Press Enter> Accept the Warning
Search for browser.newtab.url in the search bar >Right click on the result and select Modify> Hit OK to apply the change.
3. Change the default search provider of Firefox.
Search for browser.search.defaultenginename instead of browser.newtab.url (refer to step b.) in the search bar > Right click on the name and select Modify> Type Google (e.g.) in the box> Hit Ok to complete the change.
4. Remove searchiu.com from the search provider list.
Click on the Google icon and select Manage Search Engines…. Select All Search and hit Remove, then click OK to complete the change.
Step 3: Clear corrupt residues of the browser hijacker, including registry keys, cookies, caches, etc. with Cloud System Booster.
1. Download Cloud System Booster by clicking the Download button below, and save the file to your desktop.
2. Install and launch Cloud System Booster> Click on the gear icon located on top right of the interface.
3. Go to Settings> Boost> Cleaner> Privacy Clean> Manually check the option: ‘Internet Explorer Cookies‘,’Mozilla Firefox Cookies‘,’Google Chrome Cookies‘ (Other options such as registry clean, registry error fix and Opera caches are checked by default) > Hit Ok to return to main interface.
4. Click on BOOST button, and follow its instruction to clear all junks found.
Restart your computer to enjoy a clean system.
If you met any unexpected situation during the removal, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.