What is Smart Suggestor? Is it safe to browse on this website? I’m unfamiliar with this domain, how does it capture my system? Is there any easy-to-follow way to get rid of it? Any suggestion would be highly appreciated.
About Smart Suggestor Search:
Smart Suggestor Search is a browser hijacker which provides web, image, videos, and news search. It assumes Bing’s style, and pretends to be a resourceful and informative search engine like Bing. It is in fact an unsafe search engine. Smart Suggestor Search, with a full domain name: search.smartsuggestor.com is classified a browser hijacker, such unwanted program is often bundled with some freeware installation package, and stealthily captures victims’ browsers when they install the freeware.
Malware Type: Browser Hijacker
Threat Level: Severe/High
Suggestion: Remove it as soon as possible.
1. Manually remove Smart Suggestor related items from your Windows.
2. Eliminate Smart Suggestor residues, including: corrupt registry entries, browser cookies, caches by a system optimization tool.
Tool Needed for The Fix:
Cloud System Booster: your system cleaner and optimizer.
You can easily uninstall Smart Suggestor Search from your browsers by following the instructions listed below.
Step 1: Remove Smart Suggestor Search related toolbar from Windows Control Panel.
Follow the instruction that corresponds to your operating system to uninstall the toolbar
• Windows XP: Go to Start> Control Panel> Add Remove programs> Look for Smart Suggestor Search related toolbar> Click on Remove.
• Windows 7/Vista: Go to Start> Control panel> Uninstall a program/Programs and Features> Look for Smart Suggestor Search related toolbar> click on Uninstall.
Note: Once Smart Suggestor Search related toolbar is removed from the Control Panel of your computer, the extensions installed on Internet Explore and Mozilla Firefox will be cleared automatically, so you don’t need a manual removal later. However, your Google Chrome still needs a manual FIX.
Step 2: Repair your browser settings.
1. Remove Search.smartsuggestor.com from the homepage:
Tips: Press the Alt key to reveal menu bar of IE& FF
Tools> Internet Options> General > Replace http://search.smartsuggestor.com/ with a desired domain like www.google.com> Click Apply to complete the operation
2. Change default search provider, and remove search.smartsuggestor.com from the list.
Tools> Manage Add-ons> Search Providers> Choose to set a preferred one as default search provider by clicking Set as default button> Remove search.smartsuggestor.com from the list.
1. Remove search.smartsuggestor.com from the Startup pages of Chrome.
Click on the Wrench or 3-Bars icon> Settings> In On startup section click Set pages> mouse-over to http://search.smartsuggestor.com and click the X symbol to remove it> Add your preferred domain and set it as your homepage.
2. Remove Search.smartsuggestor.com from the homepage.
Click on the Wrench or 3-Bars icon> Settings> In Appearance section click Change
Remove http://search.smartsuggestor.com/ from Startup pages by clicking the X symbol, you can also choose to add a new page by entering its URL and hit OK to complete the modification.
3. Change default search provider, and remove Smart Suggestor Search from the search engines list.
Click on the Wrench or 3-Bars icon> Settings> In Search section click Manage search engines…> Choose to set another preferred one as the default search engine by clicking Make default> Remove Smart Suggestor search from the list.
4. Remove Smart Suggestor associated add-ons through managing Extensions.
Click on the Wrench or 3-Bars icon> Tools > Extensions > Find and delete Smart Suggestor related add-ons from the list.
Note: The extension may under a different name, thus search for and delete programs that are suspicious or under similar file name.
1. Remove search.smartsuggestor.com from the homepage.
Tips: Press the Alt key to reveal menu bar of IE& FF
Tools> Options> General> Replace http://search.smartsuggestor.com/ with a preferred domain> Click OK to complete the change.
2. Remove search.smartsuggestor.com from opened new tabs.
Type about:config into the address bar> Press Enter> Accept the Warning
Search for browser.newtab.url in the search bar >Right click on the result and select Modify> Hit OK to apply the change.
3. Change the default search provider of Firefox.
Search for browser.search.defaultenginename instead of browser.newtab.url (refer to step b.) in the search bar > Right click on the name and select Modify> Type Google (e.g.) in the box> Hit Ok to complete the change.
4. Remove Smart Suggestor Search from the search provider list.
Click on the Google icon and select Manage Search Engines…. Select All Search and hit Remove, then click OK to complete the change.
Step 3: Clear corrupt residues of the browser hijacker, including registry keys, cookies, caches, etc. with Cloud System Booster.
1. Download Cloud System Booster by clicking the Download button below, and save the file to your desktop.
2. Install and launch Cloud System Booster> Click on the gear icon located on top right of the interface.
3. Go to Settings> Boost> Cleaner> Privacy Clean> Manually check the option: ‘Internet Explorer Cookies‘,’Mozilla Firefox Cookies‘,’Google Chrome Cookies‘ (Other options such as registry clean, registry error fix and Opera caches are checked by default) > Hit Ok to return to main interface.
4. Click on BOOST button, and follow its instruction to clear all junks found.
Restart your computer to enjoy a clean system.