Have troubles in ending websearch.pu-results.info? This article provides you a quick way out. Learn in details about how to change your browsers back into normal and thoroughly and permanently remove websearch.pu-results.info.
The Screenshot of http://websearch.pu-results.info/ browser hijacker:
Websearch.pu-results.info is a browser hijacker that may penetrate your computer and overrule your browser when you visit some hacked websites, click on a malicious hyperlink or download unsafe programs from unprotected Webpages. Once captures your system, websearch.pu-results.info will hijack your browser homepage and make itself the default search provider. It also takes over the start page of browser new tabs. If you know nothing about such browser hijacker, and go on to use it as a real search engine, then you are likely to throw yourself into a very risky situation where your private information may be compromised.
Such browser hijacker is designed to transfer and record your online behavior so as to present commercial ads according to your interests when surf the Internet, especially when you are shopping online. More seriously, some sensitive data such as your credit card details and Facebook login account may be stolen by remote hacker, that’s why we call for an urgent removal of websearch.pu-results.info. If you have run into this risky browser hijacker, we recommend you remove it as soon as possible by closely following the guide we provide below.
Websearch.pu-results.info Quick Removal Guide:
Step 1: Repair your browser settings. (IE/Chrome/FF)
1. Remove Websearch.pu-results.info from the homepage:
Tips: Press the Alt key to reveal menu bar of IE& FF
Tools> Internet Options> General > Replace http://Websearch.pu-results.info/ with a desired domain like www.google.com> Click Apply to complete the operation
2. Remove Websearch.pu-results.info from the new tab.
Tools> Internet Options> General> Find the Tabs area, and click on Settings> Click on the button under: When a new tab is opened, open: > Select A blank page> Hit OK to complete the operation.
3. Remove Websearch.pu-results.info related add-ons, or similar extensions under a different name.
Tools > Manage Add-ons > Find Websearch.pu-results.info related add-ons> Right click on them and select Disable
Note: If a pop-up window shows up asking you to disable other add-ons from this publisher, choose Disable.
4. Change default search provider, and remove Websearch.pu-results.info from the list.
Tools> Manage Add-ons> Search Providers> Choose to set a preferred one as default search provider by clicking Set as default button> Remove Websearch.pu-results.info from the list.
1. Remove Websearch.pu-results.info from the Startup pages of Chrome.
Click on the Wrench or 3-Bars icon> Settings> In On startup section click Set pages> mouse-over to the Websearch.pu-results.info and click the X symbol to remove it> Add your preferred domain and set it as your homepage.
2. Remove Websearch.pu-results.info from the homepage.
Click on the Wrench or 3-Bars icon> Settings> In Appearance section click Change> Type the desired website and click OK to set it as the default homepage.
3. Change default search provider, and remove Websearch.pu-results.info from the search engines list.
Click on the Wrench or 3-Bars icon> Settings> In Search section click Manage search engines…> Choose to set another preferred one as the default search engine by clicking Make default> Remove Websearch.pu-results.info from the list.
4. Remove Websearch.pu-results.info related add-ons through managing Extensions.
Click on the Wrench or 3-Bars icon> Tools > Extensions > Find and delete Websearch.pu-results.info or extensions under a similar name.
1. Remove Websearch.pu-results.info from the homepage.
Tools> Options> General> Replace http://Websearch.pu-results.info with a preferred domain> Click OK to complete the change.
2. Remove Websearch.pu-results.info from opened new tabs.
Type about:config into the address bar> Press Enter> Accept the Warning> Search for browser.newtab.url in the search bar >Right click on the result and select Modify> Hit OK to apply the change.
3. Change the default search provider of Firefox.
Search for browser.search.defaultenginename instead of browser.newtab.url (in step b.) in the search bar > Right click on the name and select Modify> Type Google (e.g.) in the box> Hit Ok to complete the change.
4. Remove Websearch.pu-results.info related add-ons.
Tools > Add-ons (Ctrl+Shift+A) > Extensions> Find and Remove Websearch.pu-results.info related add-ons..
Step 2: Clear Websearch.pu-results.info registry keys with Cloud System Booster.
1. Download Cloud System Booster by clicking the Download button below, and save the file to your desktop.
2. Install and launch Cloud System Booster> Click on the gear icon located on top right of the interface
3.Go to Settings> Boost> Cleaner> Privacy Clean> Manually check the option: ‘Internet Explorer Cookies’, ‘Mozilla Firefox Cookies‘, ‘Google Chrome Cookies’ (Other options such as registry clean, registry error fix and Opera caches are checked by default) > Hit OK to return to main interface.
4. Click on BOOST button, and follow its instruction to clear all junks found.
Restart your computer to enjoy a clean PC.