Babylon toolbar is not a virus; it is an annoying browser add-on application which will take your homepage to Search.Babylon.com. It always comes together with babylon translation program or any other freeware. Sometime, it will ask permission before installation, but in some case, it will install itself on users’ computer without letting them know.
Babylon toolbar will not bring any harm, but it is regarded as an annoying toolbar by most computer users. If you get babylon on your computer and you need to uninstall it, please follow steps below. Before you take action to removal babylon toolbar, please run the anti-malware program Anvi Smart Defender to make sure that your computer is not infected with malicious software and that your files are not corrupted before proceeding with the manual uninstall process.
If you do not install Anvi Smart Defender on your computer, please click link below to download it. http://www.anvisoft.com/product/smartdefender.html
Since babylon is not a virus, you can not take anti-virus or anti-malware program to kill it. Manual measure is the only approach.
Babylon Manual Removal Guides:
1. Please go to the Start Menu. Select Control Panel → Add/Remove Programs. If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, select Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.
2. Search for Babylon and Babylon toolbar on IE in the list. Select the program and click Remove button. If you are using Windows Vista/7, click Uninstall up near the top of that window. If you do not install Internet Explorer, Babylon toolbar on IE will not be listed in the menu.
3. Removal Babylon search in Browser. It depends on what browser you have the babylon search problem.
Remove Babylon Toolbar and “Search the web (Babylon)” in Google Chrome:
1). Click on Customize and control Google Chrome icon. Go to Tools → Extensions.
2) Select Babylon Chrome OCR and click Uninstall.
3) Click on Customize and control Google Chrome icon again and switch to Options.
4) Select Basic Options. Change Google Chrome homepage to google.com or any other page you like most and click the Manage search engines button.
5) Select Google, Yahoo, or Bing from the list and make it your default search engine, and then select Search the web (Babylon) from the list remove it by clicking the “X” mark.
Now your Google Chroms is clean from Babylon Toolbar and Babylon search engine.
Remove Babylon Toolbar and “Search the web (Babylon)” in Internet Explorer:
1) Open Internet Explorer. Go to Tools → Manage Add-ons.
2) Select Toolbars and Extensions. Uninstall everything related to Babylon Ltd. from the list: Babylon toolbar, Babylon toolbar helper,Babylon IE plugin, babylonToolbar.com, etc.
3) Select Search Providers. First of all, choose Bing search engine or other search engine and make it your default search provider (set as default). Then select Search the web (Babylon) and click Remove button to uninstall it (lower right corner of the window).
4) Go to Tools → Internet Options. Select General tab and click Use default button or enter your own website, e.g. gooog.com instead of search.babylon.com. Click OK to save the changes.
Remove Babylon Toolbar and “Search the web (Babylon)” in Mozilla Firefox:
1). Open Mozilla Firefox. Go to Tools → Add-ons.
2) Select Extensions. Uninstall the all extensions related to babylon.
3) Click the small magnifier icon at the right top corner of Firefox, select Manage Search Engines from the drop down list.
4) Select Search the web (Babylon) and click Remove button. Click OK to save the changes.
5) In the URL address bar, type about:config and hit Enter, you will get warning message from Firefox as shown in following screenshot, please click I’ll be careful, I promise! to continue.
6) In the filter at the top, type: babylon to search items related to babylon search bar.
You will see all the preferences that were changed by Babylon toolbar in the search result. Right-click on the preference and select Reset to restore default value. Reset all found preferences!
7) At last, go to Tool-Options, Under the General tab reset the startup homepage.
That’s all for Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox. After you remove the babylon toolbar from browser, it’s still necessary for you to download Cloud System Booster to clean the caches, cookies and history as well as clean the registry.(http://www.anvisoft.com/product/cloudsystembooster.html ). If you are experiencing the same problem on any other browser, please post your problem in our official forum, we will offer you instruction to remove babylon toolbar.