Mystart Incredibar is regarded as a kind of malicious toolbar or browser hijacker. Once settled, it can resets your computer settings and changes registry entry, modify your browser search settings and your home page. Mystart Incredibar will also cause unexpected web browser probem and make the http://mystart.incredibar.com as your default search engine and home page. What’s more, it also redirects Google search engine or Yahoo search engine to its own search engine and even displays malicious websites and annoying advertisements.
The Screen Shot of Mystart Incredibar
How Mystart Incredibar spread?
Mystart Incredibar comes together with their brand communication, photo sharing. This kind of malicious toolbar is also distributed with the help of other freeware and shareware. In most case, Mystart Incredibar will ask permission to install or not, but sometimes, it installs itself on users’ computer without letting them know.
How to remove Mystart Incredibar?
Since Mystart Incredibar is not a virus, most anti-virus program can not detect and remove it. In most case, user needs to uninstall it by manual measure. If you are unluckily getting Mystart Incredibar on your browser, please refer to following steps.
1. Please Go to the Start Menu. Select Control Panel → Add/Remove Programs. If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, select Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.
2. Search for IncrediBar toolbar and Web Assistant in the list. Select the program and click Remove button. Remove both components! (That’s important; Web Assistant is also belonging to Mystart incredibar). If you are using Windows Vista/7, click Uninstall up near the top of that window.
3. Remove Mystart Incredibar from your browser. It depends on what kind of browser you have the problem.
Remove MyStart IncrediBar in Internet Explorer:
1) Open Internet Explorer. Go to Tools → Manage Add-ons.
2) Select Search Providers. First of all, choose Bing or Live Search search engine and make it as your default web search provider (Set as default), and then Remove MyStart Search and Incredibar Customized Web Search web search providers (Remove button). Close the window.
3) Go to Tools → Internet Options. Select General tab and enter your own website, e.g. google.com instead of http://mystart.incredibar.com or you can also click use default to change your home page. Click OK to save the changes. And that’s about it for Internet Explorer.
Remove MyStart IncrediBar in Google Chrome:
1) Click on Customize and control Google Chrome icon. Go to Tools → Extensions.
2) Select IncrediBar and click on the small recycle bin icon to remove the toolbar.
3) Click on Customize and control Google Chrome icon once again and now select Settings.
4) Click the Manage search engines button.
5) Select Google or any other search engine you like from the list and make it your default search engine.
6) Select MyStart Search from the list and remove it by clicking the “X” mark as shown in the image below.
Remove MyStart IncrediBar in Mozilla Firefox:
1) Open Mozilla Firefox. Go to Tools → Add-ons.
2) Select Extensions. Remove IncrediBar toolbar. Close the window.
3) Click on the magnifying glass search icon as shown in the image below and select Manage Search Engines..
4) Choose MyStart Search from the list and click Remove to remove it. Click OK to save changes.
5) Go to Tools → Options. Under the General tab reset the startup homepage or change it to google.com, etc.
6) In the URL address bar, type about:config and hit Enter.
Click I’ll be careful, I promise! to continue.
In the filter at the top, type: mystart
Now, you should see all the preferences that were changed by IncrediBar toolbar. Right-click on the preference and select Reset to restore the default value. Reset all found preferences to competely remove Mystart Incredibar.
That’s all the steps.
Mystart.Incredibar related registry:
After you remove mystart incredibar from the computer and browser, you need to clean the registry. If you are unclear how to remove the registry, please take Cloud System Booster to clean it.