Windows Profound Security is a fake anti-virus program. We call it rogueware. It will displays fake alerts to scam users into paying a certain amount of money to purchase the fake anti-virus program. Windows Profound security comes from the same family with Windows Virus Hunter as well as Windows Web Commander.
How Windows Profound Security Spread?
1. In most case, it spread via porn or famous movie. The fake program disguise itself as a movie with attractive title and name to scam user to download it. Once users run the fake movie after download, their computer will get infected with Windows Profound Security rogueware.
2. Famous freeware or cracked shareware. Be careful when you need to download free program. Unknown download website should be avoided.
The symptoms of Windows Profound Security infection:
1. Computer performance becomes slower than before.
2. Firewall and the regular Anti-virus program disabled.
3. Internet access blocked.
4. Unable to run any other programs.
5. Constantly and annoying fake virus infection alters saying that you are infected with “threats”. Of course, this is not true.
Screenshot about Windows Profound Security:
How to Remove Windows Profound Security?
Windows Profound Security is very difficult to remove, thus, Anvisoft developed a free Windows Profound Security Removal Tool since we get the sample. It is highly recommend taking the tool to kill the rogueware. To download the free rogueware killer, please go to following website:
Steps to kill rogueware with Windows Profound Security Killer:
Step1. Double click the windows-profound-security-rogue-killer.exe after downloading and the rogueware should be killed and removed; If the killer is blocked from running, please rename the file: windows-profound-security-rogue-killer.exe as explorer.exe. Then double click on the file and the fake program will be killed and removed.
Step2. After killing the rogueware, you still need a malware removal tool to scan your system completely to remove all infections. Download Anvi Smart Defender by clicking the link below:
Alternative way to remove Windows Profound Security:
Step1. Reboot your computer into safe mode with networking; Press and hold the F8 key as your computer restarts; tap the “F8 key” continuously until you get Windows Advanced Options Menu.
Step2. Disable Windows Profound Security Malicious Proxy Sever; Windows Profound Security may add a proxy server which blocks your internet access. Following tips can help you to regain internet access.
a) Open Internet Explorer. In Internet Explorer go to: Tools->Internet Options.
b) Click on “Connections” tab, then click “LAN settings” button.
c) Uncheck the checkbox under “Proxy server” option and click OK.
Step3. Download Anvi Smart Defender and then run a full scan on the infected computer;
Step4, Delete all the threats Anvi Smart Defender detect.
Now, your computer should be clean and free from the rogueware. Since the rogueware is dangerous and destructive, experts from Anvisoft remind you take care when connect to internet.