Windows Virus Hunter is a malicious rogueware that pretends a legitimate antivirus. It is one of the most numerous groups of scareware. When installed, it runs the fictitious scan of your computer and then reports various infections allegedly revealed on your computer. However, all the infection are fake, aiming at promoting you to make payment for its fake license as a supposed remedy to clean up all those fake threats it reports. So do nothing except for removing it immediately.
1. Unauthorized startups of the rogue each time you switch the PC on.
2. General system slowdown.
3. Possible browser redirection issues.
4. Permanent fake scans of you PC by Windows Virus Hunter malware.
5. Probable inability to launch legitimate security software.
6.Probably inability to download legitimate security software
7. Offers of the rogue for you to buy its fake license that can’t remove real threats.
Remove Windows Virus Hunter
Before removing the rogueware, you need to activate it with the code: 0W000-000B0-00T00-E0020. This can help you make the further removal process much easier.
1. Reboot your computer to enter into safe mode. During your computer starting process, press F8 and then select Safe Mode with Networking.
2. Press “Ctrl+Alt+Del” to open task manager. Stop windows virus hunter processes.
3. Download and install rogueware scanner Anvi Smart Defender.
4. Update the software and do a full scan to delete all the malicious items.
5. Reboot you computer into normal.