Homepage get redirected to www.holasearch.com? Need to remove the redirect homepage from your web browser? This post contains step to step guide on removing www.holasearch.com homepage and Hola Search toolbar. Please read more.
What is Hola Search?
Hola Search is a browser hijacker which is designed to promote their search engines or other services as well as display ads. It copies Bing Style search to provide web, images and videos search.
This browser hijacker is often promoted via other free downloads, that’s probably why people are usually unaware of how and when this gate-crasher comes to install on their browsers.
Hola Search is not related to any virus or malware infection, but due to its stealthy behavior like change your default browser settings that resulting the homepage being redirected to www.holasearch.com and make Hola Search as the default search engines without any obvious notifications, people ranks low in the acceptance of this search provider. Below is a screenshot of www.holasearch.com homepage, see for your reference.
Is Hola search and www.holasearch.com homepage safe?
Hola Search is categorized as adware program or PUP (potentially unwanted programs) by some anti-virus or antimalware program. It is not safe to keep www.holasearch.com homepage and Hola search on your computer because it changes not only the homepage, it also change the default search engines and adds malicious add-ons on Internet Explorer, Chrome and Firefox. Furthermore, it also downloads and installs additional applications in background without user knowledge.
You must be annoyed by the redirect virus and want to remove it? You may find it is not easy to remove it completely? It become really difficult task to get rid of www.holasearch.com homepage, because t configure Windows registry when settled on, so that this service and the pseudo search engines are loaded automatically when Windows starts and it can easily come back by simply changing your computer’s settings.
To completely uninstall Hola search and www.holasearch.com homepage from your computer please use the guide below. If you have any questions, please leave a reply below and we will try to help fix your problem as soon as possible.
Remove Hola Search (www.holasearch.com Homepage uninstall Guide)
Step 1 > Uninstall www.holasearch.com homepage and holasearch toolbar from your computer.
Please follow the instruction that corresponds to your operating system to uninstall the toolbar and search engines.
• Windows XP: Go to Start> Control Panel> Add Remove programs> Search for Holasearch and Browserprotect in the list> Click on Remove.
• Windows 7/Vista: Go to Start> Control panel> Uninstall a program/Programs and Features> Search for Holasearch and Browserprotect in the list > click on Uninstall.
Step 2 > Remove www.holasearch.com homepage and Hola search engines from IE/FF/Chrome.
Remove Hola Search from Firefox:
1. Click on the Hola Search search icon as shown in the image below and select Manage Search Engines….
Select Hola Search from the list and click Remove to remove it. Click OK to save changes.
2. In the URL address bar, type about:config and hit Enter.
Click I’ll be careful, I promise! to continue.
You will be listed al the preferences that were changed by Hola Search. Please right-click on the preference and select Reset to restore default value. You should reset all found preferences!
Remove Hola Search from Google Chrome:
1. Click on Chrome menu button. Go to Tools -> Extensions.
In the Extensions page, please click on the Recycle Bin button to remove Hola Toolbar and BrowserProtect from the list.
2. Go to Google Chrome Settings, in the “On Startup” area, please click on Set pages.
You will be forwarded to Startup pages, in this page, please click on the X button to delete www.holasearch.com.
3. Please scroll down, click Show Home button under Appearance. Then click Change.
Remove www.holasearch.com from the Open this page tab, and then select Use the New Tab page and click OK to save changes.
4. At last, still in Settings page, please click Manage search engines button.
Select Google or any other search engine you like from the list and make it your default search engine provider, and then select www.holasearch.com from the list and remove it by clicking the “X” mark as shown in the image below.
Remove Hola Search from Internet Explorer:
It would be easy for you to fix problem caused by www.holasearch.com redirect on your Internet Explorer, because Anvisoft team has developed a free to quick troubleshoot IE problem caused by malware infection. You can take the free tool, Anvi Browser Repair tool to repair the homepage, malicious toolbar and search engines with one-click solution.
Anvi Browser Repair Tool Download link: http://www.anvisoft.com/browser-repair-tool.html
Step 3 > Run System Optimization and maintenance program Cloud System Booster to clean junk files, registry entries added by Hola search.
Cloud System Booster is designed to clean up and optimize Windows operation system with one-click boost mode, by throwing out junk files, optimizing system services, cleaning up installed apps and repairing registry errors.
1. Download and install the paid or free version of Cloud System Booster System maintenance & optimizer software.
2. After you install the program, please open it, click on the BOOST button on the main screen to run a quick and full scan.
3. Once the scan completes, there will come out a result screen, please click Clean button there to remove these junk files, malicious registry entries, etc to make sure the computer system is clean.